Jade's best album?

Rumours, Gossip & other discussions

Moderator: Team Jade

Jade's best album?

Postby Dreamquake » Sun Jun 19, 2016 10:54 am

What do you reckon is Jade's best album? I'll post mine later on!

Classified
Jade
Adagio
After The Lights
Addicted
Out of the Box
Bittersweet Symphony
ETERNITY8
Saint Vox
Dreamquake
After The Lights Initiate

Re: Jade's best album?

Postby John » Tue Jun 28, 2016 9:16 pm

Adagio!

Jade, Adagio, and After the Lights are pretty flawless albums for me, although I do listen to the others often too.
May 25, 2014
Pause in Joy UNPLUGGED Live at the Hotel Café in Los Angeles
John
Team Jade

Postby Dreamquake » Sat Jul 30, 2016 12:12 am

What a dead forum. :sweat:

For me, I reckon Bittersweet Symphony. It's like Jade finally got her full creative control and was able to do things entirely her way. That may have been the case for the Sweetbox days, but who knows. She was definitely targeted towards that classic-meets-pop sound, and she did it with Bittersweet Symphony again but I'd like to believe moreso on her own terms.

I just love it all - even if it has aged! :crying: :crying:
Dreamquake
After The Lights Initiate

Postby John » Tue Aug 16, 2016 11:36 pm

I'm sure Jade would agree about Bittersweet Symphony. She always said how much it means to her and that it's one of her favorite albums. She had to do the classic-pop sound for Sweetbox, but she still had a lot of creative freedom (at least she said so!), but her favorite albums tended to be those with fewer classic-pop songs, like After the Lights and Bittersweet Symphony.

How do you think her music has aged? I'm not attacking you; I'm just curious why you say that. I agree that certain albums/songs sound dated (Classified and Eternity), but Jade never followed trends much, so I don't think her other albums sound too dated. ('Dated'-sounding music doesn't bother me personally)
May 25, 2014
Pause in Joy UNPLUGGED Live at the Hotel Café in Los Angeles
John
Team Jade

Postby Jayme » Thu Sep 01, 2016 5:13 am

Without a doubt it's Bittersweet Symphony. And I think I've said this before, but the album itself was so personal for me. Though things have worked out pretty great for my boyfriend and I since then, we were going through a pretty big bump in our relationship at the time and had split up for quite a while. I was..... 21? Geez, lol..

Anyhow, I remember The Last was the song that got me through a lot of bad nights. "I'm moving on to ever after
but you're the last time I'll ever compromise" was something I would tell myself periodically to get myself through the bad moments.

And then Razorman was a huge part of that "saga" in my life, lol..I guess where it speaks so perfectly about being lost after a relationships end.

I don't think there is another album that speaks to a point in my life so perfectly and likely never will be. I've always said that this is probably my favorite album of all time just for that reason.
Jayme
Addicted Initiate

Return to Sweet Talk