Is it time to give up?

Rumours, Gossip & other discussions

Moderator: Team Jade

Is it time to give up?

Postby Dreamquake » Thu Nov 26, 2015 11:30 am

I'm not saying "give up on and don't check for Jade and her future music", but the facts are Jade's career as a successful pop star with tours and promotion are over. Ageism and reality will now severely disable the better part of her career, and the absolute most we could hope for would be a Bittersweet Symphony sized release with a few shop songs.

No one in Asia is checking for her, or Europe, or America. If she were to release an album now, she'd be heavily relying on whatever ancient successes she has, but for the most part she'd be a new artist.

I don't blame her or call her lazy, after leaving Sweetbox she worked hard and gave us Out of the Box, Bittersweet Symphony, ETERNITY8 and Saint Vox - which let's be real all flopped (despite being incredible!) and so I guess she had to look into other areas. This all leads into my point, that it may be well time to give up on her.

I know in January or something she still said she's working on music, but it's been quite a long time now. I know artists have taken long breaks often, but Jade... she's so elusive. Like if she doesn't want us to know what she's up to, we'll well and truly have no idea - unless someone is stalking her Facebook or whatever.

Now that we're all grown up - could we even relate to Jade any more? Has she evolved with us? Will she still sound the same (probably not if she's still smoking! ;) ).

Would be nice to have a conversation going. I know we're all hoping and refusing to say "we give up," but what do ya'll realistically think of Jade's career? Steadily pumping out a few more albums over her life, or will she just turn over a new leaf, sing a few gigs here and there but otherwise move on? Quite a cool legacy to look back on and be like "yeah, I was selling out Korean arenas once."
Dreamquake
After The Lights Initiate

Re: Is it time to give up?

Postby Nekorin » Fri Nov 27, 2015 11:17 am

I don't think she'll go back to being as active as she was during the Sweetbox era, but it seems a strange time to pose this question when she just had a major appearance on Noc-Turn, sounding as good as ever.

I don't know what to expect, but it makes me expect something, and I feel it's worth sticking around to find out what that might be. Even if it doesn't end up being huge, even if it's something experimental that we don't end up liking, or if it's the same as before and we find we've grown out of it. I'm interested in finding out, and hopefully being surprised in a good way.
Nekorin
Classified Initiate

Postby Dreamquake » Sat Nov 28, 2015 4:50 am

Nekorin wrote:I don't think she'll go back to being as active as she was during the Sweetbox era, but it seems a strange time to pose this question when she just had a major appearance on Noc-Turn, sounding as good as ever.

I don't know what to expect, but it makes me expect something, and I feel it's worth sticking around to find out what that might be. Even if it doesn't end up being huge, even if it's something experimental that we don't end up liking, or if it's the same as before and we find we've grown out of it. I'm interested in finding out, and hopefully being surprised in a good way.

Noc-Turn? What is that? Gawd I am out of the box ahem loop.
Dreamquake

Postby Rhi » Mon Nov 30, 2015 9:52 pm

The debut album of Symphobia, Geo's latest project with Adeesha. It's a classical meets pop kind of thing but she raps as well as sings. I was quite impressed with the album when it released, although admittedly it's not something I reach to a lot now the hype has died down. Jade featured on two songs, one called "Victory" which I think was adapted from a song she wrote? And the other was "What's done is done" which also featured french singer Marinoux. It's a pretty fun album, I'd recommend checking it out :)
Rhi
Killing Me DJ Initiate

Postby Nekorin » Wed Dec 02, 2015 11:08 am

Thank you for explaining for me!
Nekorin
Classified Initiate

Postby John » Wed Dec 09, 2015 8:03 am

I just saw this thread!

As Jade said in January, she's still working in the music industry to some degree (to what degree I don't know). We know that she's still writing songs, performing here and there, doing behind-the-scenes stuff.

(The following is all speculation:)
I think that she won't release anything substantial unless she has a label backing it (like how she re-emerged thanks to the Symphobia release). The problem is that she doesn't have a label, so I get the impression that she writes songs here and there, but does not have the financial incentive and pressure from a label to have her commit full-time to making an album. I heard rumors that she was trying to re-emerge in the country market, but we can see that those plans, if they were substantial enough, didn't work out.
Without a label backing her, she still could write and record an album on her own and pitch it to a label, which would then distribute and hopefully market it (at least they save money on the production of the album itself, so it would be less of a risk). I know other artists who have done that before, but, as I said, to produce an album with little or no support would be a pretty daunting, time-consuming, and potentially expensive task. Jade has admitted herself that she is more of an artist than a businesswoman, so she tends to stay away from the mundane business side of the music industry. She is also a mother now, which is something to consider (but that hasn't stopped her from flying around the world to perform and write either!).

I can see why she'd go for the country market too. The country music industry and audience is generally more favorable to older female artists (I hate to call Jade that, but anyone over 25 is sadly considered older in pop music).

As for the future, I have no predictions because I feel like anything could happen. After she stopped touring after she left Sweetbox, I thought that my chances of meeting her and/or seeing her live were slim to none, but then Jade's post-Don't Tell Me I'm Wrong years of elusiveness and no new albums provided the circumstances in which I finally met her and saw her perform live, so who knows what else could happen?!

As for still relating to her, I think we could because now, as you said, we're all adults, just like her, so we would probably relate even more to her. Let's just say I am definitely glad that Jade met me as an adult compared to when I was a teenager during her Sweetbox years! As for her voice, we've heard her in the past few years and smoking hasn't taken a toll on her voice (or at least that I notice). :lol:
May 25, 2014
Pause in Joy UNPLUGGED Live at the Hotel Café in Los Angeles
John
Team Jade

Postby Dreamquake » Sun Jun 19, 2016 10:50 am

I regret making this thread - how embarassing. I must've been feeling depressed post-listening to her music and knowing we'll probably never get anything new.
Dreamquake

Postby Jayme » Thu Sep 01, 2016 5:23 am

I'll say this much: you posed the question of if we could still relate to Jade and I feel like there's a lot of us that still probably can. Jade is probably the only artist who I can relate to so much... And even if she never released anything new (God forbid), I'm still finding to this day there's songs that I used to not be able to relate to that I all of a sudden can.

I don't know if it's time to give up. I don't want to think that but admittedly it's hard to keep the faith, lol. For a lot of you, Jade was apart of your teen years where you're going through SO much as it is, for me she was part of my 20s where I was learning about myself -- I think that's why BS, the Eternity and Saint Vox albums mean so much to me.

What I can say for sure is that if Jade ever puts something out again, I will be willing to pay for it. I owe her that much.
Jayme
Addicted Initiate

Postby Dreamquake » Thu Sep 08, 2016 2:26 am

Jade is a talented songwriter and I'm sure she'd know how to write meaningful lyrics that many could connect with, but I really have no idea who she is any more or what she's doing. Surely she has another job outside of music - or we'd have heard more. I hope she delivers us one more album in the next few years - though ETERNITY8 always kinda felt like a little of a farewell album in a way. Like the "Wonderful World" intro did kinda sound like she was doing the classic-meets-pop thing for the last time, as a gift for her fans. And it's a great album!

Speaking of ETERNITY 8 - I only have a digital file and it's kinda low quality. Where could I buy or ~get~ it?
Dreamquake

Postby waffles » Wed Sep 21, 2016 3:46 am

Dreamquake wrote:Speaking of ETERNITY 8 - I only have a digital file and it's kinda low quality. Where could I buy or ~get~ it?

It's on YesAsia.com. I believe that's where I bought it.
waffles
Classified Initiate

Postby Vhazza » Sun Sep 25, 2016 7:07 pm

Here's it is @ YesAsia: http://tinyurl.com/jly254n

It says usually ships in 7 days but (speaking from experience) that will depend on if they have it or if where they get it from has it.

Or you might be able to still pick it up on HMV Japan: http://www.hmv.co.jp/en/artist_Eternity ... ty_3572774

Regards
Vhari x
Personal Blog| YouTube | My Etsy Store
~This is where we go our separate ways. You go yours, and I'll go mine. And maybe one day, we'll meet again~
Vhazza
Team Jade

Postby Dreamquake » Fri Nov 25, 2016 3:15 am

Forgot to say thanks!

Well - another year of nothing. :( New Jade 2017? Lol.
Dreamquake

Postby myckwill » Tue Nov 29, 2016 5:56 pm

You guys... I wasn't sure where to post this but, here we go.

Did you guys knew the $pr!te Sebastian died? :(

I was on google, looking for more information on LogiQ Pryce. And then I found some "funny" news that he worked with Donald Trump's daughter, Tiffany, on her single, Like a Bird (interesting title, huh?) ... But then the article says:

"Logiq worked with a Californian songwriter friend of Tiffany’s mother Marla Maples (Donald Trump’s second ex-wife), named Sprite Steban Demari. Sadly, he passed away earlier this year."

And then, I found a link on which states with more details:

http://www.wherevent.com/detail/Sprite- ... ban-Demari

That's very unfortunate news... Even when finding out about this months later.

This piece has the only intent to inform Jade fans, as we all know that they worked quite a lot together and were great friends.
Myself and, I believe all of Jade fans and members of this website, wish our condolences to Sebastian's family and close friends.
You're my remedy
Heaven sent to me
When you go away
I can't hardly breath
You're my remedy
You're my sweet escape
From insanity
You're my remedy...
myckwill
Classified Initiate

Postby John » Tue Nov 29, 2016 7:52 pm

His untimely death was unfortunate. He was a nice guy who did a lot for Jade and for us fans by keeping us in the loop when there were times of no news and for sharing his insider information. Without him, I would never have met Jade 2 years ago. He was Jade's friend, but he was just as much a fan of her as we are.
May 25, 2014
Pause in Joy UNPLUGGED Live at the Hotel Café in Los Angeles
John
Team Jade

Postby Dreamquake » Wed Nov 30, 2016 3:33 am

Oh that is sad! What did he do for Jade exactly? I can barely remember anything. I really wonder what Jade is up to these days - full-time mom? Or am I just imagining that she has a baby? Lol.

Edit: No, not imagining it. She must be 2-3 now? Cute.
Dreamquake

Next

Return to Sweet Talk