i'll be right here waiting for you and more than love

Rumours, Gossip & other discussions

Moderator: Team Jade

i'll be right here waiting for you and more than love

Postby tony » Mon May 09, 2011 6:52 am

hey I found this song and it sounded really similar to more than love. what do you guys think?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2OeQZ9F4jYM
tony
Cinderella Initiate

Re: i'll be right here waiting for you and more than love

Postby Taotrac » Tue Jul 05, 2011 9:05 am

Wow, More Than Love is a DIRECT rip-off of this song. Geez if Richard Marx's legal team ever get ahold of this!

Not kidding, same exact verse and chorus vocal notes, same piano notes, same tempo, I would literally call that plagerism. Sadly, More Than Love is one of my favorite songs of Jade's >.<, and I still like her version better.

However, have we ever figured out who actually wrote More Than Love (especially the vocal notes)? Geo? S.H.E.? Jade? For it being one of my favorite songs of Jade's, the song seems to have some false credits going on every turn it makes. It'd really suck if Jade didn't have any real contribution to the song musically, I just love the song so dang much!
<---- Look I gots a avatars!!!
Taotrac
Here On My Own Initiate

Postby Rhi » Tue Jul 05, 2011 10:54 am

Jade and Geo wrote it and while yes they do sound similar I'd heard I Will Be Right Here Waiting For You years before I heard More Than Love and I didn't immediately go OMG RIPOFF!!!!! They use similar stuff, it happens sometimes. Get over it
Rhi
Killing Me DJ Initiate

Postby njanjayrp » Wed Jul 06, 2011 9:36 am

^ Plus GEO is credited as composer for so many of the S.H.E. tracks...they are notorious for covering other people :roll:
ImageImageImage
njanjayrp
Team Jade

Postby John » Thu Jul 07, 2011 12:17 am

I've known this song for years, much longer than More Than Love. There are similarities, but nothing that makes me think that Jade & Geo ripped it off & believe me, I'm very critical when their songs are bit too similar to those of other artists. IBRHWFY is a soft, piano ballad through & through, while MTL is only up until the first chorus, & then after that it is a pop-rock power ballad.
May 25, 2014
Pause in Joy UNPLUGGED Live at the Hotel Café in Los Angeles
John
Team Jade

Postby Joshorty » Fri Jul 22, 2011 6:29 am

Ya I'll second that with John. Heard this song many many times before More Than Love. In fact recently this song appeared out of no where in my head while jogging under the blue sky and I mumbled the chorus to myself and still didn't react to More Than Love as a rip of any sort.

On another note, a looot of songs out there in the mainstream market uses the same pop chords over and over so it's kinda hard not to notice the similarities and no surprise really. That's another story there...
Joshorty
You Don't Know Me Initiate

Postby padmelover » Mon Aug 15, 2011 11:05 am

I think if they were going to rip someone off, they'd at least rip off someone I had a clue about. :lol:

All joking aside, nothing is original in music anymore. Nothing at all. If you look, you'll find a dozen songs that sound alike. It's just the way it is.

Like Fantasy novels. If you boil them down, they are all the same ideas repeated over and over. So is Pop music honestly.
padmelover
Adagio Initiate

Postby DayDream » Mon Aug 29, 2011 6:54 pm

To be honest, I never thought about this two songs in comparsion.
Maybe they sound a little bit similar ...

But I'd never mentioned it.
Life Is Like A Ferris Wheel, You Just Have To Get Up Again!
DayDream
Jade Silver Initiate

Return to Sweet Talk