Jade on iTunes

Rumours, Gossip & other discussions

Moderator: Team Jade

Jade on iTunes

Postby samDavenga » Fri May 06, 2011 1:55 pm

Hey all,
I was wondering why Jade can't have her Jade Valerie, Saint Vox and Eternity8 albums on iTunes like Jamie can. It confuses me. As if Jade doesn't deserve it...
I'm so confused lol. :|
samDavenga
13 Chapters Initiate

Re: Jade on iTunes

Postby Vhazza » Fri May 06, 2011 2:13 pm

It's all to do with labels. Sony Japan (to the best of my knowledge) don't make their releases available on iTunes and I have seen compilations where there is a sony artist on the CD that it is missing from the iTunes versions. From what I've seen, Jamie's Sweetbox releases are actually made by Paramusic USA (even the original Japanese album on iTunes Japan)

Huggles
Vhari x
Personal Blog| YouTube | My Etsy Store
~This is where we go our separate ways. You go yours, and I'll go mine. And maybe one day, we'll meet again~
Vhazza
Team Jade

Postby samDavenga » Fri May 06, 2011 10:55 pm

Ah. What a shame though... :|
samDavenga
13 Chapters Initiate

Postby John » Sat May 07, 2011 6:03 am

Jade said that it has to do with licensing issues but I don't understand how she can be 'forbidden' or whatever, but what do I know? I'm sure if it were possible, it would have happened a long time ago. But there has to be some loopholes since MCY was able to release his songs with her.
May 25, 2014
Pause in Joy UNPLUGGED Live at the Hotel Café in Los Angeles
John
Team Jade

Postby Vhazza » Sat May 07, 2011 1:26 pm

Remember though John that it the MCY songs are probably something different again cause that will be another label and that was something she did on the side, so i don't know if that's matters (i.e. it wasn't MCY Feat Sweetbox, it was credited as Jade Villalon)

Huggles
Vhari x
~This is where we go our separate ways. You go yours, and I'll go mine. And maybe one day, we'll meet again~
Vhazza
Team Jade

Postby padmelover » Tue May 10, 2011 9:06 pm

Awwwww :crying:

I thought this was a thread about how Jade was now available on iTunes, I was gonna go buy it, despite having a physical copy already.

But if that's the case, then why was Addicted allowed to be released? That's always confused me.
padmelover
Adagio Initiate

Postby John » Tue May 10, 2011 9:09 pm

Heiko Schmidt probably arranged for Addicted to be sold on iTunes since he owns the publishing rights to the songs through Parasongs. He could probably get the rest of the Sweetbox albums up on iTunes too, but for some reason that hasn't happened. Even then Jade probably doesn't get many royalties if any from Addicted's iTunes sales.
May 25, 2014
Pause in Joy UNPLUGGED Live at the Hotel Café in Los Angeles
John
Team Jade

Postby padmelover » Tue May 10, 2011 9:12 pm

John wrote:Heiko Schmidt probably arranged for Addicted to be sold on iTunes since he owns the publishing rights to the songs through Parasongs. He could probably get the rest of the Sweetbox albums up on iTunes too, but for some reason that hasn't happened. Even then Jade probably doesn't get many royalties if any from Addicted's iTunes sales.

She really doesn't get very much from her Sweetbox days at all now does she? That seems a little...jaded.
padmelover
Adagio Initiate

Postby Vhazza » Wed May 11, 2011 12:41 am

I'm under the impression that artists don't make a lot from sales on iTunes (I believe iTunes themselves take quiet a cut)

Huggles
Vhari x
Vhazza
Team Jade

Postby tony » Wed May 25, 2011 9:25 am

this is a little older and im sure its changed but a look at how the income is spread on itunes http://msl1.mit.edu/furdlog/docs/baffli ... lation.pdf
tony
Cinderella Initiate

Postby Joshorty » Sun Jun 05, 2011 5:36 am

And that is why singles on iTunes have now been raised to $1.29. Most of the world - if not the whole - complained about it like it was some tax hike or something. If anything, artists deserves the whole of the $1.29 and more but this does get them more than 10 cents anyway. And if the singles sells well, then boom. Still, it's sad when you do the reality check of how much they get per song alone.

As much as I'd hate for Jade to not get any royalties from the sweetbox albums, I wish Heiko Schmidt would release all her albums not just in the USA but worldwide just so I can recommend my friends who buys regularly on iTunes. It comes to a dead end when I say "Well, you can buy it off eBay".
Joshorty
You Don't Know Me Initiate

Postby tony » Mon Jun 06, 2011 10:41 pm

Well a majority of artisit's money comes from doing tours and shows, not much is actually made off of cd sells. So if the world was perfect and Jade's stuff was released internationally and it caught on she could make big bucks by doing concerts, but I'm sure money isn't that much of an issue
tony
Cinderella Initiate

Return to Sweet Talk