2008 Heiko Grupe Küchenradio interview in German

Rumours, Gossip & other discussions

Moderator: Team Jade

2008 Heiko Grupe Küchenradio interview in German

Postby John » Mon Apr 18, 2011 7:00 pm

Here is an interview with Heiko Grupe (Jade's manager) from 2008. It's only in German, so I'd appreciate it if someone could translate it. It's quite long, so the Sweetbox discussion begins around 24:00. I think that mostly everything before that is simply Heiko talking about his professional background & experiences.
May 25, 2014
Pause in Joy UNPLUGGED Live at the Hotel Café in Los Angeles
John
Team Jade

Re: 2008 Heiko Grupe Küchenradio interview in German

Postby DayDream » Tue Apr 19, 2011 1:18 pm

So I wrote the part with Sweetbox of the Interview down and translated it. I'm sorry If it sounds bad, or unintelligible, he talked very weird, even to me it was complicated to translate, because he has stopped talking a few times, and then he began to talk again, so it was difficult to translate, plus I didn't translate the whole Interview, I even didn't listened to the whole Interview, because I wouldn't ^^ But I guess after I stopped it, he didn't talked more about Sweetbox. In general he didn't talked much. But I hope I could be helpful :)

Here you go:

Reporter: And Sweetbox is a Band, a Woman, or how should I imagine this?

Heiko: This was actually a Project, consisting of a woman, who we also changed between as the first has become a little megalomaniac.

Reporter: What has she did?

Heiko: Ehm, what has she did? It's always difficult, If a Artist, now I'm giving internal details, who actually can not sing is Lucky to rap a Hit, and to travel around the world a year with this hit, and everybody rolls out a red carpet for you, then you're feeling like Ms. Queen herself.
And suddenly there are Differences, who has written the Song or as the case may be.
When it is actually clear. And then there are Claims where you are just like “Hello? You have to do something first, and that aren't you”.
Before it came to this, my Manager fellow said “You know, Use it or lose it. Please, here's the door, leave”. And then we simply searched for a new artist.

Reporter: With the same name?

Heiko: Well, with the same name. The first was Tina Harris, a colored woman, the second one was Jade Valerie Villalon from California, optically not to mistake.
They look different, have different voices, but it has worked.
Europe just in the Top 30, but in Asia number one and golden plates, anything.

Reporter: Until today?

Heiko: Until today, 'till we changed the Act last year again.

Reporter: Such a project, there is a female leader, who has to raise something, and there's someone who produce this, someone who writes the Songs...

Heiko: In this case they wrote it by themselves, the last two and the producer have composed the Songs together.

Reporter: And what was your job?

Heiko: My Job was especially to find a Deal, to include contracts for the Release of this Artist, and to look after the Releases. Because I made the experiences, If Labels give a lot of mones for an artist, it doesn't mean they'll engage to release it necessarily.
For example a big company in Japan, which has given a lot of money.
I was so proud of this contract. Well, it was about a few thousand Euro, plus a few thousand, the same Amount for Budget and Marketing. This means, two Albums for one Million Euro.

Reporter: In favor of Sweetbox?

Heiko: Well, In this case for Jade Valerie, and you would expect they would a), they would take own Initiative, because they want their money back, or b) even If the boss won't, the Department would reformulate, maybe they did, I don't know, but they did a awful Job.
Life Is Like A Ferris Wheel, You Just Have To Get Up Again!
DayDream
Jade Silver Initiate

Postby John » Wed Apr 20, 2011 8:31 am

Thank you so much!!! :D

I'm surprised at how poorly he speaks of Tina Harris! :shock: But as far as I know, Heiko Grupe didn't really work with Sweetbox until 2002.

& another interesting tidbit is when he speaks about the contract with (I'm assuming) Universal J. In many ways I wish that we could know more. So much of Jade's career is left unknown to us the fans, & I wish at times that such mysteries could be cleared up for us. I guess that's what happens with a low-profile artist though...
May 25, 2014
Pause in Joy UNPLUGGED Live at the Hotel Café in Los Angeles
John
Team Jade

Postby DayDream » Wed Apr 20, 2011 3:39 pm

You're welcome :)

I'm surprised at how poorly he speaks of Tina Harris! :shock: But as far as I know, Heiko Grupe didn't really work with Sweetbox until 2002.

It suprised me too, to be honest O.o.

So much of Jade's career is left unknown to us the fans, & I wish at times that such mysteries could be cleared up for us. I guess that's what happens with a low-profile artist though...

Yes, that's sadly true :/
Life Is Like A Ferris Wheel, You Just Have To Get Up Again!
DayDream
Jade Silver Initiate

Postby njanjayrp » Fri Apr 22, 2011 7:21 pm

Thanks for the translation Daydream and a nice find John.
ImageImageImage
njanjayrp
Team Jade

Return to Sweet Talk