Dream Jade & Geo Collaborations

Rumours, Gossip & other discussions

Moderator: Team Jade

Dream Jade & Geo Collaborations

Postby SteveV » Mon Aug 16, 2010 1:36 am

If you had a choice for one specific collaboration on Jade's next cd, who would it be with?
I personally think a collaboration with Utada Hikaru would be immense. For example, I'd love a mid-tempo song in the vein of Merry Christmas Mr. Lawrence -FYI or an all out fast track like What You Want. :mrgreen:
Image ImageImage
Stamps: Vhazza
SteveV
Boyfriend Initiate

Re: Dream Jade & Geo Collaborations

Postby John » Mon Aug 16, 2010 5:16 am

It's hard for me to decide on this type of question because how Jade would sound with another artist would probably be different than anything that I could expect (for better or worse).

But I would love for Jade to work with MCY again. I would love it if she made a pop meets world sounds album, especially since I love traditional Mediterranean & Middle Eastern sounds & instruments that MCY likes to use in his music.

& of course it would be easy for me to say that Jade should work with some of my favorite artists. I don't know how a duet might sound, but I could probably predict how a song might sound if she co-wrote one with some of my favorite artists. If she wrote a song with Shakira, I could imagine an eccentric, philosophical song. If she wrote a song with P!nk, I could imagine a hardcore break-up song.
May 25, 2014
Pause in Joy UNPLUGGED Live at the Hotel Café in Los Angeles
John
Team Jade

Postby Adagio91 » Mon Aug 16, 2010 12:12 pm

Hmm... I put a bit of thought into this, ended up with 3 possible collaborators :P Just not entirely sure they'd work out all that well lol.

First up i was thinking Kate Bush. Just not entirely sure if it would work though.Kate might be just a wee bit too quirky :lol: Although, if the collaboration was something akin to her Red Shoes era stuff then i think that could work better for a more personal song :) Would probably be a good opportunity for some classical sampling here, especially if it were to be a slower song.

Next up: Lissie. Again i'm not entirely sure it would work out, with the kinda indie folk rock style she has going on.. Then i remembered Jade-era Jade, which whilst not the same, made me think that they could pull it off... Just maybe it would be better without a sample.. can't imagine it working otherwise, especially if Lissie is playing guitar on the song as well (but i wouldn't mind being proved wrong XD )

Finally: Apocalyptica. Since they're an instrumental band, i'm thinking a collaboration with them would work well, especially following the logic of "Violins/Violas etc + Ballad = Epicness" XD They'd probably also be the best pairing for classical sampling i think. Unless of course Jade covers a metallica song with them... that would be interesting to say the least lol
ImageImage
Current obsessions: Porcelain Black & Dragonette
Naughty NaughtyHello
Adagio91
Jade Silver Initiate

Postby SteveV » Mon Aug 16, 2010 5:17 pm

John wrote:If she wrote a song with P!nk, I could imagine a hardcore break-up song.
That would be awesomeness overload!
Image ImageImage
Stamps: Vhazza
SteveV
Boyfriend Initiate

Postby KremlinChaos » Sun Aug 22, 2010 2:33 am

SteveV wrote:If you had a choice for one specific collaboration on Jade's next cd, who would it be with?
I personally think a collaboration with Utada Hikaru would be immense. For example, I'd love a mid-tempo song in the vein of Merry Christmas Mr. Lawrence -FYI or an all out fast track like What You Want. :mrgreen:

That's also my dream collab! I would pass out from happiness if they ever worked together <3. I think it would also be awesome if Jade had a whole album with MCY because the songs they did together are so awesome.
KremlinChaos
Bittersweet Symphony Initiate

Postby TopCat » Tue Aug 24, 2010 8:39 pm

AI would be a good collabo-partner imo or m-flo would be alright too. But I don't really have a "dream" collaboration.
TopCat
Razorman Initiate

Postby padmelover » Wed Aug 25, 2010 7:31 pm

Stevie Nicks would be awesome! And she actually does stuff with younger artists quite often.

I would die to hear them sing Landslide together. Or to sing one of Jade's songs.

Ohh, Jade could sing Street Angel. That has her sort of sound to it. :D
padmelover
Adagio Initiate

Postby tony » Sun Aug 29, 2010 8:39 am

i think her and leonna lewis could do an amazing ballad together.
tony
Cinderella Initiate

Postby Vhazza » Sun Aug 29, 2010 11:14 am

Personal preference, I wouldn't like to see her collaborate with anyone.

Huggles
Vhari x
Personal Blog| YouTube | My Etsy Store
~This is where we go our separate ways. You go yours, and I'll go mine. And maybe one day, we'll meet again~
Vhazza
Team Jade

Postby DayDream » Thu Sep 02, 2010 8:01 pm

If she would work with MCY together again, this would be awesome in any Case. <3.
But for some reasons I'd like to hear a ballad-duett with Jade & Enrique Iglesias (even if it sounds funny :D).
Life Is Like A Ferris Wheel, You Just Have To Get Up Again!
DayDream
Jade Silver Initiate

Postby jimbotojimmyjimmy » Sat Sep 04, 2010 7:51 am

hmmm this is a it hard to think....

i would also agree with some of the posters on here... utada would be cool to hear with jade and geo....

also, since BoA is fairly good in english... i would love to hear them make and upbeat song together... like a good dance song

a good balled with a dude would be niice... who that should be? probably taeyang or yamashita tomoshia.... that would be intresting
jimbotojimmyjimmy
Boyfriend Initiate

Return to Sweet Talk