Help? Please?

Rumours, Gossip & other discussions

Moderator: Team Jade

Help? Please?

Postby blue_embers » Sat May 15, 2010 5:31 am

I really need some help, especially from anyone who has a physical copy of Adagio. (booklet)

I am trying to find out two things:

What is the classical influence of Hate Without Frontiers,

and who provides the Arabic sounding vocals? (It kind of sounds like Cheb Mami, but I'm not really sure.)

The vocals and the song sample is extremely familiar and it's really making me OCD. I've searched the internet for two days.

Thanks in advance.
blue_embers
Classified Initiate

Re: Help? Please?

Postby John » Sat May 15, 2010 6:13 am

The classical piece is Stabat Mater Dolorosa by Pergolesi.

As far as the vocals, they're probably sampled from somewhere else or generated by Geo in the studio. It's never been confirmed where they come from or what language it is. We asked Jade before which language it was, but she didn't even know XD but I'm sure Geo would know. (I have my ideas but I'm by no means certain.)
May 25, 2014
Pause in Joy UNPLUGGED Live at the Hotel Café in Los Angeles
John
Team Jade

Postby blue_embers » Sat May 15, 2010 8:33 am

Lol. So, how do we get a hold of him? XD

I heard (or read, rather), that its actually remixed to sound like Arabic; parts of words being taken apart and put together to form something else. Perhaps from the original lyrics of "Stabat Mater," then auto-tuned to produce a melody. DJ's do it all the time. I heard a remix of an Utada song where the DJ made it sound like she was saying, "F*uck you." ( :oops: )

Anyway to me I really think it sounds like Cheb Mami, but then when it goes into the operatic part, it sounds too feminine for it to be him. (He has a rather feminine voice)

I am able to hear the Latin words: "Lex Domini." Translated means, "Law Prevails." Although, maybe my OCD-ness is reading too much into it... :rofl:
blue_embers
Classified Initiate

Postby John » Sat May 15, 2010 9:16 am

^I think that could be right about Geo reworking the voice.

I also thought it could be Latin, though I took that line as "laus Domini" ('praise of the Lord')
May 25, 2014
Pause in Joy UNPLUGGED Live at the Hotel Café in Los Angeles
John
Team Jade

Postby blue_embers » Sat May 15, 2010 6:45 pm

That's works too!

Hmmmmm. I guess my OCD won't be quenched. Haha. I've just recently gotten into Jade, I mean I had a few of her songs, but I never really attempted to listen to her other stuff. I was listening to Lacrimosa last month and decided to get some more of her stuff. Glad I did!

=]
blue_embers
Classified Initiate

Postby padmelover » Mon May 17, 2010 12:29 am

But doesn't Jade sing that part during that 2004 tour? Or is she just making odd noises? :lol:

But yeah, I don't know for sure either! All I know is that it sounds like a lady to me. Dang it, I thought I found name but it turned out it only said "Hi Lily and Lea!". :lol: I never noticed that that was there! :D

To me, it sounds sort of like Toby's voice, only missed with a little bit. But then, my ears hear things differently on different days! :D If I find anything out about it, I'll come back and tell you!
padmelover
Adagio Initiate

Postby Dreamquake » Fri May 21, 2010 8:19 am

I always wondered what the F the person was saying, it's so random.
Dreamquake
After The Lights Initiate

Postby Rei » Fri May 21, 2010 12:43 pm

umm am arabian and the vocals heard in Hate without Frontiers aren't arabian actually :p
i thought it was arabic at 1st but after i heard it well, i heard few arabic words in it but not all of it
Rei
Boyfriend Initiate

Postby ALfromHELLSING » Sat May 22, 2010 10:52 pm

John wrote:^I think that could be right about Geo reworking the voice.

I also thought it could be Latin, though I took that line as "laus Domini" ('praise of the Lord')

I was almost sure that it is Latin, even thought I do not really know a single word in Latin.
ALfromHELLSING
Just Another Day Initiate

Return to Sweet Talk