Thought I'd Share This...

Rumours, Gossip & other discussions

Moderator: Team Jade

Thought I'd Share This...

Postby samDavenga » Sat Dec 26, 2009 5:36 am

So: I have something to share w/ you guys, I don't really know where to post it though...so I'll just put it here!

I'm friends with one of Jade's relatives on Myspace (one of the only reasons I still go on that site... :roll:).

[First, I asked him if I could share this with you guys LOL.

Second, "Ate" is the equivalent of Onee -chan, -san, ect. (sp?) (Basically, Ate = older girl/sister, ect. Pronounced "Ah-tay", Josh you should know what I'm talking about lol.) Ate is Filipino.

Third, I'm SO jealous lol. I told him that, haha.]

I asked him if he knew about Jade being engaged and he said he had no idea and that he hasn't heard or seen her in a while.

So I asked him if he usually sees or hears about her before I mentioned the engagement.

His response:

The first time I met Ate Jade is the time, when she was 18 years old and living in California. She always takes me everywhere, I was so young back then... But now, things have changed... When Jade was with Sweetbox. I tried to find my auntie through the internet and I had no luck. So when I first bought Final Fantasy X-2 on my PS2. As I listen to Real Emotion and 1,000 Words... I noticed that voice sounded so familiar! Then, after I beat the game... I saw that name "Jade From Sweetbox". I was very confused, if it was Ate Jade. As I research that name... it turned out to be Ate Jade. I was shocked that she was a infamous singer to Sweetbox. So on my summer vacation, I went to Germany and met up with distant auntie. I really miss her for quite a long time!! Yeah, those were my moments with Ate Jade!!! ^_^

I would call Jade 'ate' every time I post 'cos as with everyone else, I'm sure she's just a really important person to us fans. And well, she feels like family sort of anyways, just really distant. I'd love to see her sing in Filipino or something one time. XD But I have a big feeling that she can't speak the language. LOL.

Just thought this would be a fun tidbit to share! & well, I don't wanna be the only one jealous lol.
samDavenga
13 Chapters Initiate

Re: Thought I'd Share This...

Postby Cook » Sat Dec 26, 2009 10:30 am

Here is the second jealous! :D
So, I guess that "Ate Jade" is a kind of confidential title like people does in Japan, that's cool. Thx for shared it :)
Image Image Image
Cook
Cinderella Initiate

Postby Joshorty » Tue Dec 29, 2009 11:51 pm

Ainako my bad Leah I didn't see this thread sooner I barely come on this thread - this is AMAZING :D !!!

Lol this reminds me of how one of the girls I took care of would call me Kuya everytime but anyway - Third jealous right here !! :twisted: :D !
Joshorty
You Don't Know Me Initiate

Postby samDavenga » Thu Dec 31, 2009 12:23 am

Cook wrote:Here is the second jealous! :D
So, I guess that "Ate Jade" is a kind of confidential title like people does in Japan, that's cool. Thx for shared it :)

Yup. & Kuya (coo-yuh) is for guys. Np. :)

Joshorty wrote:Ainako my bad Leah I didn't see this thread sooner I barely come on this thread - this is AMAZING :D !!!

Lol this reminds me of how one of the girls I took care of would call me Kuya everytime but anyway - Third jealous right here !! :twisted: :D !

Haha, ok lang Josh. Yeah I didn't know where to post it. @_@ I should've named the topic differently I suppose. It is amazing! XD :D

Haha, just being called 'tita' by my nieces is funny to me since I'm not much older than them lol.
samDavenga
13 Chapters Initiate

Postby Joshorty » Thu Dec 31, 2009 1:42 am

samDavenga wrote:
Cook wrote:
Joshorty wrote:Ainako my bad Leah I didn't see this thread sooner I barely come on this thread - this is AMAZING :D !!!

Haha, ok lang Josh. Yeah I didn't know where to post it. @_@ I should've named the topic differently I suppose. It is amazing! XD :D

Haha, just being called 'tita' by my nieces is funny to me since I'm not much older than them lol.

Lol when they call you Tita/Kuya, you feel so powerful. I took advantage of that haha.

And it's cool - I couldn't have thought of a better place to post about this. It's my bad for not checking this section often. I always go to news thread and stuff.
Joshorty
You Don't Know Me Initiate

Postby Dreamquake » Thu Dec 31, 2009 3:08 am

Thanks for sharing! That's cool. 8)
Dreamquake
After The Lights Initiate

Postby samDavenga » Thu Dec 31, 2009 5:11 am

No problem.

& @Josh: that's true lol. At school there's this Filipina freshman who always greets me as 'ate' even though we're only like 3-4 yrs apart. XD

I love the respectful culture kinda thing.
samDavenga
13 Chapters Initiate

Postby ALfromHELLSING » Thu Dec 31, 2009 2:49 pm

Hehe that's interesting. Thanks for sharing +1
Quoting JADE:
Everyone's connected by one great divide
ALfromHELLSING
Just Another Day Initiate

Postby Dreamquake » Sun Jan 10, 2010 1:18 pm

Alucard wrote:Hehe that's interesting. Thanks for sharing +1
Quoting JADE:
Everyone's connected by one great divide

Do we know what divide this is?
Dreamquake

Postby Vhazza » Sun Jan 10, 2010 2:32 pm

The great divide could probably refer to the idea that there are two sides: those who believe everything that say...President, Prime Minister, etc...people of authority and those that say no it's not. Probably the best example of it is: Is there a God? (now I'm not getting into that arguement but you can see why I choose that one).

But probably in the context of it's maybe refering to the great divide as maybe ourselves. We're all different hence divisions occur, but in the end, we are only human....Actually, the lyrics of the songs pretty much explain the theory of the Great Divide if you listen carefully enough

Huggles
Vhari x
Personal Blog| YouTube | My Etsy Store
~This is where we go our separate ways. You go yours, and I'll go mine. And maybe one day, we'll meet again~
Vhazza
Team Jade

Postby Dreamquake » Fri Apr 23, 2010 9:15 am

Sorry for the million year late reply Vhari, I guess you're right, the division is really just ourselves from everyone else because we're all unique. Well, that's my newly adopted view on the lyrics anyhow.
Dreamquake

Postby DayDream » Mon Sep 06, 2010 11:30 pm

Is it inverse that I'm also jealous? :S :burning:

btw... I like the Japanese accost.
I know them from some animes I watched (they wasn't dubbt, so I started to watch them with translated subtitles, you can leara lot from them ) :wink:
Life Is Like A Ferris Wheel, You Just Have To Get Up Again!
DayDream
Jade Silver Initiate

Return to Sweet Talk