Jade's engaged!

Rumours, Gossip & other discussions

Moderator: Team Jade

Jade's engaged!

Postby Jayme » Sun Dec 13, 2009 9:56 am

Okay, so I know this is random but Jade is engaged! :) I was looking for Jade on Facebook and I found her webpage and thanks to Facebook's new settings there's a lot of loops in pages.

Her fiancé is really handsome and they look really happy in her profile picture :)
Jayme
Addicted Initiate

Re: Jade's engaged!

Postby samDavenga » Sun Dec 13, 2009 10:12 am

WHAT???!! Lol... Aw, I'm happy for her! :D 8) :laugh:
samDavenga
13 Chapters Initiate

Postby Cook » Sun Dec 13, 2009 10:50 am

This is a good news! I'm pretty jelous for the guy :( xD I already saw the photo last week, but I didn't figure that Jade had engaged.

He seems to be an industrial or a business-man, but he is pretty nice, it's not bad, Cook approves 8)
Image Image Image
Cook
Cinderella Initiate

Postby Vhazza » Sun Dec 13, 2009 11:03 am

You know, whilst I'm happy for her, what right do you have to post that? Yes it's a screw up by facebook, but come on! If she'd wanted it broadcast I'm sure she could have done it herself. Shame on you!

Huggles
Vhari x
Personal Blog| YouTube | My Etsy Store
~This is where we go our separate ways. You go yours, and I'll go mine. And maybe one day, we'll meet again~
Vhazza
Team Jade

Postby Dreamquake » Sun Dec 13, 2009 11:21 am

^ :roll:

Well anyone that can look up her name on Facebook can see it so it's not exactly Jayme's "broadcast" at all.

Congrats to Jade and her husband who could be named, but shan't be as not to upset the Jade-Nation residents.
Dreamquake
After The Lights Initiate

Postby Vhazza » Sun Dec 13, 2009 11:34 am

Yes but before facebook automatically changed everyones settings to basically expose everything, you couldn't view any personal information. There's things you'd rather just share amongst those that you know and obviously that was probably something she didn't want broadcast public, as has been done now.

I'm really ashamed that anyone would take advantage of a loophole for someone that they appreciate and basically bring that which wasn't public to light. And that's what's been done. By Jayme posting it and for Facebook screwing up.

Huggles
Vhari x
~This is where we go our separate ways. You go yours, and I'll go mine. And maybe one day, we'll meet again~
Vhazza
Team Jade

Postby Dreamquake » Sun Dec 13, 2009 11:41 am

I understand what you mean, but it's not like it's really going to affect Jade in any way. I mean, really. Unless she's harbouring a secret engagement, which was probably unwise to have on Facebook originally.
Dreamquake

Postby Vhazza » Sun Dec 13, 2009 11:49 am

Alright, let me turn it back on all of you.

You are always going on about how Jade's private life isn't plastered across papes etc. Well, what would you call this? I'd say it's exposing her private life. And as I say, Facebook is to blame too for changing the settings without giving an option NOT to stay with the old settings. That information was probably up there to share with family and friends, not for the world to know (as relationship status is one that you can choose to share)

Huggles
Vhari x
Vhazza
Team Jade

Postby Dreamquake » Sun Dec 13, 2009 11:57 am

Well I agree with the Facebook arguement, it's pretty terrible that default settings are to display your posts to "Everyone" rather than your Friends. I must admit, having fun stalking people's pages. (as terrible as I know it is...)

Edit: Perhaps Jade did in fact choose to make the information public? As her photos have been selected to remain private. Just a thought.
Dreamquake

Postby Rhi » Sun Dec 13, 2009 12:35 pm

awww congrats to her :D she looks happy. Besides, she can change those settings back if she wants to. Chill Vazz, it's not the end of the world
Rhi
Killing Me DJ Initiate

Postby John » Sun Dec 13, 2009 12:48 pm

What a coincidence! I just checked out Jade (again teehee) on Facebook & I saw her new profile pic (before all the settings changed)! & damn she's looking as good as ever!! :w00t: Congrats, Jade!!!

Maybe now we'll actually be getting a lot more happy love songs from her!! JK
May 25, 2014
Pause in Joy UNPLUGGED Live at the Hotel Café in Los Angeles
John
Team Jade

Postby Jayme » Sun Dec 13, 2009 3:31 pm

Jade is in the spotlight like any other celebrity and while I understand what you're saying about privacy issues, that was public. Jade could have changed her settings back and used the "old settings" option anyone else got on Facebook as people who those changes did go in effect to got that option as soon as it happened. I didn't think it was an issue.. I did think it over before posting it and didn't find anything wrong with it. As a matter of fact, there's no way I would've posted it had I seen that there were personal photos or more on there. It's not as if I looked her up specifically to find a loophole as the loopholes still haven't gone into effect for everyone. I was looking her up in general and saw public information that I shared with the public.
Jayme
Addicted Initiate

Postby Vhazza » Sun Dec 13, 2009 5:07 pm

Yes it was public but Jesus does that mean it has to then be plastered everywhere? It couldn't have just been left there?

Huggles
Vhari x
Vhazza
Team Jade

Postby Jayme » Sun Dec 13, 2009 5:26 pm

Here's the thing, and I replied via Twitter as best I could.

This is a happy occasion and I don't feel like Jade went out of her way to hide it from anyone. The engagement was as recent as November and we haven't heard anything from Jade in quite some time. If the page was private and I happened to be friends with Jade, I wouldn't have dared posted it. It was public though and everyone had the option to go back to the settings on Facebook that allowed privacy.

I love and respect Jade as an artist and as a person which is why I posted this information. It's a moment in her life that I think we should all celebrate with her.
Jayme
Addicted Initiate

Postby Vhazza » Sun Dec 13, 2009 5:34 pm

Alright, so that info is public, but as I said. IF she had wanted FANS to know, don't you think SHE would have said something? In fact, she didn't even have a chance if you say it's as recent as November.Instead you take something from a personal page and repost it to the world. More to the point WHY would you bother looking her up on facebook anyway? She is as human as the next person and is entitled to have a page but not have it shown to the world.

Someday you'll learn that there are things that you find which, as much as you'd like to share it, you know you shouldn't, public or not. I just hope that you learn that sooner rather than later and that you never have anything like this happen to you

Huggles
Vhari x
Vhazza
Team Jade

Next

Return to Sweet Talk