Tina Harris talks about Sweetbox

Talk about other artists and their songs that you like

Moderator: Team Jade

Tina Harris talks about Sweetbox

Postby Rhi » Sun Mar 13, 2016 2:08 pm

Found her YouTube channel, she done a series of videos talking about her career, two of which are about Sweetbox and are quite interesting, if anyone wants to have a watch.

Part one: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iwmuUd00gNY

Part two: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9ounfrlN3us
Rhi
Killing Me DJ Initiate

Re: Tina Harris talks about Sweetbox

Postby John » Mon Mar 28, 2016 8:25 pm

I saw these when they were first posted but forgot to share them here. It sheds some light on the legal issues of the Sweetbox splits. I wonder how much Jade's legal situation compared to Tina's. Jade said last year in that Facebook letter that the split with Heiko Schmidt was still detrimental to her career in 2010-11ish, but she was still able to release music after leaving Sweetbox (unlike Tina), so who knows what the circumstances really are? I'm glad to know that Jade probably still gets royalties from her Sweetbox music, since there was some uncertainty before about whether she did or not, but her legal circumstances may be different from Tina's.

I'm glad that Geo and Tina at least reconciled because not acknowledging her seems shitty on his part.
May 25, 2014
Pause in Joy UNPLUGGED Live at the Hotel Café in Los Angeles
John
Team Jade

Postby Jayme » Tue Apr 12, 2016 12:54 am

Without saying word for word what was said, Jamie had told me as much in what Tina said. She wasn't seeing the cash flow - and I think it would probably apply to Jamie as well. She was 18 when she signed with Sweetbox. That's not an age you're reading and sifting through contracts if someone is saying they'll make you a star.

Tina had to learn the hard way. It's awful she wasn't able to release music for 8 years.....It make you wonder if she could have kept her momentum if she was able to.

Overall, it seems Heiko Schmidt is a very awful person to work with and I don't think at that time Tina probably had much to do with him and the only other person it seemed to blame would have been Geo. Jamie went as far to tell me once that she hardly ever seen Heiko S. and that she was left in the dark for a lot - that when they said get on a plane she had to get on a plane.

It's probably better that Sweetbox seems to have come to the end of its lifespan.
Jayme
Addicted Initiate

Postby Dreamquake » Sun Jun 19, 2016 11:07 am

Yeah it makes me sad to think how both Jade and Jamie, very talented singers, were probably both subject to his awful style of management and production. Glad they're both free, but feel sad he forced them both to part ways.

Was very interesting, I never understood what happened with Tina as it seemed she had been really successful and suddenly Jade appeared. Hmm, sad to think Sweetbox has such a dark undercurrent.

TBH the attempt at rebooting the whole thing with Jamie was cute, like I enjoyed the music, but that post-Jamie Sweetbox revival with the Japanese singer and that American (?) rapper was just horrific. Like what were they thinking? I don't get why they used the Sweetbox name, it was and is completely dead now and no one was checking for it.

Just such a weird thing to even do. God knows what investors / label thought that was gonna happen.
Dreamquake
After The Lights Initiate

Postby John » Tue Jun 28, 2016 9:22 pm

I listened to a recent interview with Tina a few weeks ago and she mentioned some interesting info. She refused to acknowledge Heiko by name, and instead called him B.P., short for "bad person." She also said that she fought to have her version of EGBA be the only version that could be licensed to be used for ads, films, etc. and mentioned the later Sweetbox versions in passing.
May 25, 2014
Pause in Joy UNPLUGGED Live at the Hotel Café in Los Angeles
John
Team Jade

Postby Dreamquake » Sat Jul 30, 2016 12:15 am

Messy. :|
Dreamquake
After The Lights Initiate

Return to Other Artists