Thoughts

News and info about the community & site

Moderator: Team Jade

Thoughts

Postby njanjayrp » Wed Jan 27, 2016 2:27 pm

Hi All,

It's been a while since I posted here (since anyone posted lol). Does anyone think there is a reason to keep the boards/site alive? Not really sure if there's a point as Jade's been inactive in years now. I can't even remember how many years have passed since the last release :(

Nem
ImageImageImage
njanjayrp
Team Jade

Re: Thoughts

Postby Rhi » Thu Jan 28, 2016 2:58 pm

The idea makes me sad, but I'm equally surprised this hasn't been suggested earlier. This is the only place I get updates from, would never have known about Eternity/Saint Vox if this site wasn't here but it depends on what people think. I think it's a shame we won't communicate more as a community <3
Rhi
Killing Me DJ Initiate

Postby Nekorin » Sun Jan 31, 2016 12:04 pm

But she was on Symphobia last year... It's not like she's been gone for years exactly.

If you're no longer interested in the forum format, is there some other way of sharing tabs on her? Because I don't think she's done.
Nekorin
Classified Initiate

Postby njanjayrp » Mon Feb 01, 2016 1:36 pm

@Rhi - tbh I got caught up with work and life and stuff just like everyone else. So I didn't give it much thought. I guess that I was always hoping she'd come back.

@Nekorin - Can't say I agree though. Occasional activities do not guarantee that Jade will ever come back to record and perform on regular bases.

It's been years since her last official release under any of her names.
ImageImageImage
njanjayrp
Team Jade

Postby John » Thu Feb 04, 2016 5:06 am

I agree to some extent with both of you.

I know that boards still exist for a lot of fandoms, but I know many have also moved to social media instead. Yumi has her Facebook fan page, which I like, but social media pages, because they are mostly run by 1 person, lack that sense of communal involvement. What I've always loved about here is that there is always the opportunity for everyone to share. If this site does finally close down, it will be sad especially because I never would have imagined it 5-10 years ago (even though that still is a longer time than it seems, at least to me). On the other hand, at least it would close for valid reasons.

I also agree that Symphobia was just a year ago, so it's not like Jade's officially retired. She also told me last summer that she would still do shows in the future (but did not specify when).

I guess it all depends on the use of this site/boards. Are we content to leave it as it is with the occasional new post here and there? Or would other avenues be more appropriate?
May 25, 2014
Pause in Joy UNPLUGGED Live at the Hotel Café in Los Angeles
John
Team Jade

Postby Nekorin » Thu Feb 18, 2016 10:05 am

I don't have much seniority here so I won't be pushy, but I definitely want some way of sharing tabs on her.

@njanjayrp: All the more important if she doesn't perform regularly. How will we be able to keep track of the occasional trickle if we don't compare notes? I'd feel like there were less need if she had a steady flow going. It'd be easier to keep track of.
Nekorin
Classified Initiate

Postby Dreamquake » Sat Jul 30, 2016 12:17 am

That'd be so sad if this site closed! Let's be real though - Jade hasn't done anything substantial (that I've cared about) since Saint Vox, and that was like 7 years ago right? Sheesh.

Anyway, yeah if we all agreed to flock to a specific Facebook page that could work. But yeah, would be sad. Still, what's sadder is funding a website that has few members and nothing to talk about. :crying:
Dreamquake
After The Lights Initiate

Return to News & Announcements